Saturday, October 04, 2008

Is it November Yet???

These are the words spouted daily by myself and my roommate. We don't know how much more of this we can take!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have found that staying away from many of the major news channels next to impossible lately! CNN/MSNBC runs practically 24/7 in our home (an occasional glance at FOX NOISE just for a helping of comedic relief), and I am not so sure it's a good thing. Too much of anything usually isn't.

When you have copius amounts of excess time on your hands, as I have had recently, it's hard to look away. I have heard many people refer to it as a train wreck you can't bring yourself to turn a blind eye to. Well put.

The GOP ticket and their incessant flip-flopping...you couldn't make this stuff up folks! I find myself more and more in awe on a daily basis how the current campaign polls could be as close as they are...it makes me shiver when I think of how easily swayed and manipulated a vast amount of the American people can be.

To be fair, there is, without a doubt, a great uprising on the horizon...more and more people are beginning to see the light as this political roller coaster shifts violently back and forth.

I can't help but feel slightly creeped out every time John McCain attempts a pathetic grin as he hides behind the Valentino suits of fellow cronie Sarah Palin, not to mention insulted by he very fact that this party believes we as Americans will be taken in hook, line, and sinker by a folksy "you betcha" or a well rehearsed wink. It's clearly a proverbial slap in our faces.

Gov. Palin refers to herself as "Joe Six Pack"....ummmm, ok. So, you are trying to paint your self as some hillbilly drunkard? Where have I heard that before.....?

John McCain honestly believes his running mate "connects" with the average American. I'm sorry, but even the most average of Americans can pronounce "nuclear". Even the simplest of us know the difference between clear understanding of the issues, and force fed beauty pageant speeches. I don't care how BORING people say Joe Biden is, he has a BRAIN that GRASPS foreign policy and economics. 36 years in the Senate and a lifetime of challenges have made him seasoned and ready for VP.

Thank God we have people like Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow to keep things in perspective. These two have become voices for those of us sick of the lies, and tired of the hypocrisy. They are not fooled by Republican spin-meisters, and neither am I.

How can we, with a clear conscience, allow more greedy, self centered, wealthy drones to run our country? Forcing hard working people out of their homes, their jobs, then telling them that they won't be there to help pick up the pieces? This is NOT the future I see for my country. Government needs to work for us, not against us, and with Barack Obama and Joe Biden, I truly feel this goal Is attainable.

We deserve better then the political trash doled out by the McCain/Palin camp. They must think we are all too dumbed down to spot these wolves in sheep's clothing (or mosse, whatever you prefer...)

Every American worth their salt should be offended, if not outraged, and make their voices heard November 4th by voting for honesty and change in what is one of the most important times in American history.

If anyone out there needs help deciding which way to sway this coming election day, I highly recommend picking up Paul Begala's latest book, "Third Term: Why George W. Bush (hearts) John McCain". Begala weeds through the last 26 years of McCain-o-nomics and shows that not only can this man not be trusted, he is down right dangerous.

I sped through this book in about two days and realized how much alot of us don't know about this unstable sorry excuse for a senator. Read up folks...you'll be glad you did!

No comments:

 

Distributed by eBlog Templates