Thursday, April 10, 2008

Free At Last...

Okay. It's 6:00 am on April 10, 2008. As no one I know is up at this insane hour, I decided to come to my blog to share this amazing news.

This morning I got up around 4:30 and had my usual cup of coffee. I headed outside to sit in the car, as it is SO NICE out today.

I don't know what came over me. I did my usual driving around the lot of my building, teaching myself how to shift properly. But this morning, for some reason, it just didn't seem like enough.

So.....

I drove up to the entrance of Sutton Street, and turned left. And drove. Drove up Sutton to Rt 125 and down aways towards North Andover High. I turned into a little side street and drove around a bit more. Came back out on 125 and headed back home.

I drove. Out on the road. Alone. Me. Driving. COMPLETELY free of panic or fear.

It was purely exhilirating, to say the least.

I did it. I shifted when I needed to no problem. Sure, the car died on me a few times, but I didn't panic. I just kept trying until I finally got it right.

I smell freedom in the air. And it smells great.

No comments:

 

Distributed by eBlog Templates