Friday, March 28, 2008

Another night


DISCLAIMER-I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS POST...

...and with a start I wake up as his cell phone declares, "Hey!!! Check out my funky island beat!! How's that for a wake up call?" 3:30am, and his phone is ringing. Ehhh, does it matter anymore? No, not in the way that it once did. Now, instead of jealousy/hurt, it is just annoying/rude. What a charmer!

So, I had the worst meal at Bertuccis last night. I was seated at a table (ummm, no thanks) in the middle of a dining room full of families...I felt like I was the live entertainment judging by the position of my seat in proximity to everyone else. And to Mary, my waitress...a few tips: 1) Its really OK to allow someone to finishing chewing their food before rushing up and asking about the status of the meal. 2)No, I don't need you checking up on me every 5 minutes...don't worry, you will get your tip. 3) Hey, next time, try a little friendly conversation, and please refrain from "tossing" my food in front of me as if I am some cagged animal at the zoo. Hmmm, about that tip.... I mean, sure, she was nice enough, but I just didn't feel like she truly gave a damn, and not out of anger, but out of sheer ignorance, as if her brain did not know how to process that emotion.

You know, a waiter/waitress can make or break a meal. I had no idea. Service IS everything.

No comments:

 

Distributed by eBlog Templates