Saturday, March 22, 2008

Obama and my Best Friend John

Ok, so I get a complaint theother day from my better half that there has not been ONE mention of his name in my entire blog. Okay, I say, you're right, stay tuned.

Hi John. Love ya buddy.

Ok, now moving on.

John and I sat and watched the Obama historical race speech the other night on youtube.com. I cannot remember the last time a POLITICAL SPEECH made me actually tihnk that this guy just might pull it off. That there might actually be a glimpse of hope for the future of this country. And I am not even a Democrat (anymore). Something about the frankness of his words, and the non-robotic delivery made me realize this guy is for real. I definitely need to do a little reading up on who he is, and what he stands for. Thank you, John, for sharing that with me.

I would also like to thank John for a few other things to be listed below, in no real order:

Thank you for the countless hours you have spent consoling me, the dozens upon dozens of bugs bunny and popeye cartoons we've shared, the rare Kinks singles....Apples in Stereo, Emitt Rhodes (TY SO MUCH!!), Roy Wood, The Pretty Things (how could I go on without BARON SATURDAY???), Mst3k ( you SO ROCK!), all the times you understood what I was saying even when I didn't, for your ability to see things as they really are and explain it to me in a way no one else can, for accepting for who I am, faults and all, and knowing the real Heather.

Thank you for letting me into YOUR world, allowing me to see what sort of person you are, as a husband, a father, and a friend. Thank you for letting me chat with the girls, as their laughter and happiness was all I needed sometimes. Thank you for getting me and all my jokes. Thanks for being intelligent and intuitive!!! There is so much more, but now is not the time.

Thank you for finding me, John.

No comments:

 

Distributed by eBlog Templates