Thursday, March 27, 2008

Birthday greetings and a coupon

So, yesterday after running around outside trying to clear my head for the umpteenth time, I sauntered over to the mailbox in the lobby to pick up my mail. As I walked into my apt, I tossed the mail onto my desk, amidst the rapidly growing pile of unopened letters, bills, and cards from home.

This morning I actually got up on time - so I sat down to have that badly needed first cup of coffee. I decided to rummage through my mail. I saw I had received my first birthday card. yay.

It's from the local Ace hardware store. "...Happy Birthday Heather Stockham and/or current resident. Please enjoy this coupon worth $5.00 off your next purchase of $20 or more from your 'friends' at Rocky's Ace hardware...."

Wow. I am touched, let alone impressed. I didn't even know I had friends that worked at the hardware store. And they all got together and sent me a card?? Wow. thanks guys. Maybe we should all get together and talk about old times that we never had, or imaginary outings that never took place.

I know where I am going for the paint to redo my apt after my roommate leaves. THANKS ROCKY'S! You shouldn't have. Really.

No comments:

 

Distributed by eBlog Templates